When Shani is bad, it controls life in all major aspects of materialism such as loss of prosperity, illness or bed ridden condition or even imprisonment. On the contrary, good Shani can boost trade in the field of metals like machines, furnace, cement, wood, oil and so on. Also, a person can be a great scholar with a good grip in languages or become a successful entrepreneur.
Well, all would welcome a good Shani, but those who are about to enter the bad phase of Shani can also relax as astrologers have found several ways to control the adverse effects that come with it and reduce its impact.
Knowing All About Shani Dasha
A Dasha is a term used by Hindu religion. It is a time period, which defines the movement of the moon over the nakshatras (constellations of stars) from its unique positions in the natal horoscope. Dasha has a specific span of time, which a person has to go through. Based on astrology there are numerous types of Dashas.
A Shani’s Mahadasha is an epoch of moon’s advancement via nakshatra. The Shani Mahadasha is usually 19 years. It starts with a sub-period or Antar Dasha where we all get slowly transferred to a stage, which teaches us lessons of life. It is the material pleasures such as property, finance and wealth that is affected the most. When Shani turns malefic, the comfort starts to diminish.
Shani is also known as a table turner. When Saturn appears in the 4th or the 8th planet it brings Dhaiya or a period of two and a half years, which is full of difficulties. The mythological stories suggest that it was Lord Shiva who gave the task to Saturn to punish the sinners. Let’s quote some examples from the most epic tales of Hindu Mythology. In Ramayan, it was Lord Ram who faced Shani Dhaiya. Despite being a king, he left his entire kingdom to his brother and wealth behind and met a great period of hardship. The same incident can be seen in another epic tale, Mahabharata where Pandavas lived mostly in the forest as refugees. Lord Saturn is known to be a teacher of life. The period of slow or negligible growth signifies that one must introspect and move ahead with good karma in the bank.
Shani Sade Sati
Shani Sade sati is the transiting of Saturn from 12th zodiac sign to 2nd zodiac sign (12th, 1st and 2nd) from your moon sign in your horoscope; it is for 7.5 years of period that is why it is called Sade Sati. Its transiting period is about 2.5 years in each zodiac sign or house. i.e. 2.5 years in 12th zodiac sign, 2.5 year in 1st zodiac sign and 2.5 years in 2nd zodiac sign from the moon sign. One may see different results in these three periods of the generally inauspicious Sade Sati. Natives have to face complication like declining from higher positions in life, depression, tension, difficulties, obstacles, sorrow, health, finance, money, unwanted dispute, court and legal problems, etc.
Remedies For Shani Dhaiya and Sade Sati
The famous book ‘Lal Kitab’ talks about several remedies that help a person overcome this period of hardship and maintain a positive outlook when such Mahadasha of any nakshatra enters a kundli.
Here are a few remedies for Dhaiya or Sade Sati that one must follow :
- 1. Mantras are good rescuers. Recite any of Shani mantra, 23,000 times to protect yourself from inauspicious Saturn positioning. Even reciting them in the evening for 108 times from the Saturday of ‘Shukla Paksha’ will do the magic.
- 2. Hindu religion is known for performing a ‘Havan’ for internal cleansing. Astrologers often advise concluding the recitation of mantras by a ‘Mahadasha Havan.’
- 3. Recitation of ‘Shani Stotra Path’ is mandatory. It should be done from Saturday of ‘Shukla Paksha’ and will bring mental peace.
- 4. Buy enough mustard oil and lamps and use one at a time on each Saturday. In the evening, take them to nearby Pipal tree and light it. Remember don’t buy these items on Saturday.
- 5. Recitation of ‘Hanuman Chalisa’ will also yield good results.
Remedies For Antar Dasha & Mahadasha
- 1. Rudrabhishek, a pooja performed to honor Lord Shiva can heal the effect of Mahadasha. Even pouring water on Shivling on Mondays and Saturdays will do the magic.
- 2. Recitation of ‘Hanuman Chalisa’ in the temple on Tuesdays and Saturdays helps in calming the effect.
- 3. On Saturdays pour cows milk with sesame seed & water on a shivling.
- 4. To attain confidence of Saturn, people should see their shadow in mustard oil and then donate it.
- 5. Do not consume alcohol or non-veg during this period. Eating khichadi made of rice and black urad lentil helps in pacifying the effect.
- 6. Apply mustard oil on body and nails before sleeping.
- 7. Wearing black color clothes helps in the process of keeping the impact of Mahadasha positive.
A Final Say
If you have entered the Shani Dasha, then you must not worry too much. The best approach is to follow the remedies and pray to God for you and your family’s well being.